Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Welcome

First of all everyone should know that this is my first blogging experience.  Please be patient as I try to understand all that is involved as I experiment with this interactive and popular software publishing tool.  To start, it is unfortunate that I read more into the participation portion of our course than was necessary and had to make some changes to my blog (I created a mock blog for my campus library).  From reading the participation objectives, my impression was that we would have to create a blog and post to that blog each week with relevant information that pertains to libraries.  However, it seems we have to post our weekly discussion piece to the blog we create along with “Part B: Create Posting”.  I was making it more difficult than it actually was!  So I had to modify my blog to what you are now viewing.  However, I was so impressed with www.blogger.com that I am considering and investigating the possibility of a blog for our campus library as an information source for our students and faculty.

As you all know, I chose to use www.blogger.com to create my blog (this became a permanent decision thanks to Anne)...but I was having problems creating a RSS Feed.  After days of research on the problem, the answer was quite simple.  With only a few steps I created a RSS Feed within the site.  All I had to do was select “Add a Gadget”, scroll down to “Subscription Links”, add the title or heading, and select “Save”.

My problem is not knowing the software and how it is intended to be used.  With time and repeated use of this site, the problem should be rectified.

Shelley

Participation for
Library Studies 2606:  Advanced Topics in Library Technology

No comments:

Post a Comment